Browse Our Site:
Search Mortgage Library:
Types Of Mortgage Loans Mortgage Lender Directory  +  Mortgage Calculators  +  Mortgage (ARM) Indexes Mortgage Market Survey
+ Find The Best Mortgage + Ask A Mortgage Related Question  +  Articles And Publications  +  Mortgage Glossary + Search Mortgage Rates +
Credit Grade Guide Historical Mortgage Index Data  +  Historical Mortgage Rate Data  +  Home Interest Rate Trends

Mortgage-X Forum

Mortgage-X Forum
Mortgage-X Forum
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

libor arm and margin added
Moderators: Mortgage-X

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   General Questions-> Mortgage Loan FeaturesMessage format

wendy
Posted 2/21/2006 10:11 AM (#810)
Subject: libor arm and margin added
I have a 6 month libor loan and just received my new rate. The index is 4.81 - the margin is 2.000% - the new interest rate is 6.75%. I went on the web site for the wall street journal where the rates are published and saw a program comparing the different adjustable rates. I then plugged in my loan amount and found the 6 month libor rate (I also plugged in the 2.000% margin rate). This program said the new interest rate for the index of 4.81 with my margin of 2.000% was 6.08%. I like 6.08% a lot better than 6.75%. Can you explain this? Thanks.
AppleLeafMtg
Posted 2/21/2006 5:18 PM (#813 - in reply to #810)
Subject: RE: libor arm and margin added
Wendy,

It all depends on the day your lender makes the adjustment calculation. Typically it is done one month in advance so the rate may be based off of last months index. Based on what you wrote you should be at 6.81% so Libor was probably lower last month. Rounding will also occur to the nearest eigth. You can always call the customer service line to your lender for the exact information too. Sorry but I can't explain the programs, it seems to be off.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0 © PD9 Software

Mortgage professionals are welcome to participate!
Home  |  For Lenders  |  Contact Us  |  Disclaimer
Mortgage-X is an independent information service and is not affiliated with any lending institution.
Copyright 1998-2009 Mortgage-X.com
All Rights Reserved

(Delete all cookies set by this site)