Browse Our Site:
Search Mortgage Library:
Types Of Mortgage Loans Mortgage Lender Directory  +  Mortgage Calculators  +  Mortgage (ARM) Indexes Mortgage Market Survey
+ Find The Best Mortgage + Ask A Mortgage Related Question  +  Articles And Publications  +  Mortgage Glossary + Search Mortgage Rates +
Credit Grade Guide Historical Mortgage Index Data  +  Historical Mortgage Rate Data  +  Home Interest Rate Trends

Mortgage-X Forum

Mortgage-X Forum
Mortgage-X Forum
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ECROW ACCOUNT
Moderators: Mortgage-X

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   General Questions-> Mortgage Loan FeaturesMessage format

jen
Posted 5/10/2006 6:17 PM (#1041)
Subject: ECROW ACCOUNT
I bought my first house a year ago this may. I have been paying into an escrow account through my mortgage company. I just received a letter stating that they were not holding enough money in ecrow and now I owe a debt over $3700. I now have to pay my regular mortgage payment, an increase of 348 to cover this year and the debt of 517 a month to collect from last year. I have to pay 865 more a month and they can't figure out why I am upset. Where will I get this money? Why didn't they let me know way earlier so I could have paid it all along instead of going in a debt. Is this legal? They say they under estimated the taxes. Isn't their job to have some idea of the taxes? Can they require me to pay all this?
kellicaras
Posted 5/12/2006 8:47 PM (#1051 - in reply to #1041)
Subject: RE: ECROW ACCOUNT
Sadly yes they can require you to pay for this. They really did not do enough research when setting up your taxes. I find it hard to believe the assesd value rose enough to change your taxes 3k in one year. At least they aren't requiring all the back funds at once as I have seen some companies do. I am so sorry for your experience.
Kelli Caras
www.kellimortgage.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0 © PD9 Software

Mortgage professionals are welcome to participate!
Home  |  For Lenders  |  Contact Us  |  Disclaimer
Mortgage-X is an independent information service and is not affiliated with any lending institution.
Copyright 1998-2009 Mortgage-X.com
All Rights Reserved

(Delete all cookies set by this site)