Browse Our Site:
Search Mortgage Library:
Types Of Mortgage Loans Mortgage Lender Directory  +  Mortgage Calculators  +  Mortgage (ARM) Indexes Mortgage Market Survey
+ Find The Best Mortgage + Ask A Mortgage Related Question  +  Articles And Publications  +  Mortgage Glossary + Search Mortgage Rates +
Credit Grade Guide Historical Mortgage Index Data  +  Historical Mortgage Rate Data  +  Home Interest Rate Trends

Mortgage-X Forum

Mortgage-X Forum
Mortgage-X Forum
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Option Arm
Moderators: Mortgage-X

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Types of Loan Programs-> Pay Option ARM, Pick-a-Payment, Cash Flow LoanMessage format

theoak23`
Posted 5/16/2006 7:48 PM (#1064)
Subject: Option Arm
what are the down falls of option arm. What are the positves of an option arm
Matt
Posted 6/1/2006 1:14 AM (#1106 - in reply to #1064)
Subject: RE: Option Arm
Some of the positives are tat the program offers the maximum payment flexibility. This is especially helpful in paying off credit cards, funding a savings plan or 401K, or paying off a high interest second lien faster.

The pitfalls really are misuse. When someone doesn't fully understand the product, negative amortization can jump up an suprise them. Also, placing this loan on a volatile index such as LIBOR or the MTA can speed up the amount of neg am you accrue. This can cause MAJOR payment jumps and suprises.

I'd be happy to help further, the majority of my bank's clients purchase these products. Just let me know!

Matt Trombley
Home Loan Experts
A Division of World Savings
mtrombley234@homeloanexperts.com
serem
Posted 11/9/2009 8:00 PM (#2031 - in reply to #1064)
Subject: RE: Option Arm
Of all the mortgage ideas developed during the past few years, none tops the option ARM for sheer awfulness. And now the mortgage mess is about to get far worse as millions of option ARMs begin to recast
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0 © PD9 Software

Mortgage professionals are welcome to participate!
Home  |  For Lenders  |  Contact Us  |  Disclaimer
Mortgage-X is an independent information service and is not affiliated with any lending institution.
Copyright 1998-2009 Mortgage-X.com
All Rights Reserved

(Delete all cookies set by this site)