Browse Our Site:
Search Mortgage Library:
Types Of Mortgage Loans Mortgage Lender Directory  +  Mortgage Calculators  +  Mortgage (ARM) Indexes Mortgage Market Survey
+ Find The Best Mortgage + Ask A Mortgage Related Question  +  Articles And Publications  +  Mortgage Glossary + Search Mortgage Rates +
Credit Grade Guide Historical Mortgage Index Data  +  Historical Mortgage Rate Data  +  Home Interest Rate Trends

Mortgage-X Forum

Mortgage-X Forum
Mortgage-X Forum
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

selling home
Moderators: Mortgage-X

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   General Questions-> Mortgage Loan FeaturesMessage format

msebbag
Posted 9/25/2007 11:09 AM (#1601)
Subject: selling home
i don't really know much about mortgages so i just wanted to know: someone who owns a home for a few years and has been making his mortgage payments, but now wants to sell because they lost their job and won't be able to keep up with the payments anymore - when they sell, what do they receive for their home? is it the equivalent of what they paid until now? or is it the full cost of the house minus what they owe the bank?
JohnI
Posted 9/26/2007 12:17 AM (#1602 - in reply to #1601)
Subject: RE: selling home
When you sell a home you get to keep any money left over after paying off the balance of any mortgages on the property and any costs related to the sales transaction that you are responsible for paying. So long as the house will sell for more than it was purchased for originally, you should expect some profit from the transaction.

I hope this helps and answers your question. Please do not hesitate to ask for more information if you are still not clear about anything.

Best,

John I
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0 © PD9 Software

Mortgage professionals are welcome to participate!
Home  |  For Lenders  |  Contact Us  |  Disclaimer
Mortgage-X is an independent information service and is not affiliated with any lending institution.
Copyright 1998-2009 Mortgage-X.com
All Rights Reserved

(Delete all cookies set by this site)