Browse Our Site:
Search Mortgage Library:
Types Of Mortgage Loans Mortgage Lender Directory  +  Mortgage Calculators  +  Mortgage (ARM) Indexes Mortgage Market Survey
+ Find The Best Mortgage + Ask A Mortgage Related Question  +  Articles And Publications  +  Mortgage Glossary + Search Mortgage Rates +
Credit Grade Guide Historical Mortgage Index Data  +  Historical Mortgage Rate Data  +  Home Interest Rate Trends

Mortgage-X Forum

Mortgage-X Forum
Mortgage-X Forum
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help Me? Can I make it..
Moderators: Mortgage-X

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Questions from Mortgage Professionals-> Questions about Mortgage LendingMessage format

fred mason
Posted 7/10/2008 10:07 PM (#1797)
Subject: Help Me? Can I make it..
Hi , I just came back from my tour in Iraq and I am planning on going back into the Loan Business. I have been away since December 2005 and I know a lot of things have changed. I have tried looking for a job but its really hard so I am deciding to use my savings to purchase some leads, do some marketing and try to close some loans.

I know it is not a good market but is it possible for a hardworking former marine to rough it out in the industry. I would like u guys opinion on this matter please.

Also any leads/marketing tips will be appreciated. And if u know of any good legitimate business opportunities let me know
StellarOneRep
Posted 7/17/2008 12:37 PM (#1798 - in reply to #1797)
Subject: RE: Help Me? Can I make it..
Fred,
Personally speaking, I would not spend a dime on buying leads in a 'good' market. If you are truly serious in developing business, the best thing to do is to get out there into your community. As a vet, there are relationships ready to be made through local VFW, American Legion, etc. A good source of information to get caught up with all the changes in the industry would be the various M.I. websites; RMIC, UG,MGIC, etc. It's a whole new game!
jtrenton
Posted 9/15/2008 4:18 PM (#1852 - in reply to #1797)
You can try advertising with Google AdWords, but I'm sure this will be expensive...
creditcruncher
Posted 12/27/2008 10:37 PM (#1907 - in reply to #1797)
They say that if you can conceive it then you can achieve it, but I say if you doubt it don't go for it, at least not yet. Study first and get tips to what you are entering into. Sure, investing is a risk but hey let us invest in at least 60% assurance risk and not just dive into something what we think will be fit. :)

Best of luck to you mate.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0 © PD9 Software

Mortgage professionals are welcome to participate!
Home  |  For Lenders  |  Contact Us  |  Disclaimer
Mortgage-X is an independent information service and is not affiliated with any lending institution.
Copyright 1998-2009 Mortgage-X.com
All Rights Reserved

(Delete all cookies set by this site)