Browse Our Site:
Search Mortgage Library:
Types Of Mortgage Loans Mortgage Lender Directory  +  Mortgage Calculators  +  Mortgage (ARM) Indexes Mortgage Market Survey
+ Find The Best Mortgage + Ask A Mortgage Related Question  +  Articles And Publications  +  Mortgage Glossary + Search Mortgage Rates +
Credit Grade Guide Historical Mortgage Index Data  +  Historical Mortgage Rate Data  +  Home Interest Rate Trends

Mortgage-X Forum

Mortgage-X Forum
Mortgage-X Forum
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Impact of home price reduction vs closing cost?
Moderators: Mortgage-X

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   General Questions-> Mortgage Loan FeaturesMessage format

Anonymous
Posted 8/10/2008 9:25 AM (#1825)
Subject: Impact of home price reduction vs closing cost?
I am buying a new home. Builder pays a part towards closing cost. Also realtor pays part of commission. Now I have two options to utilize

the realtors commision. Please advise which is best - ask for price reduction or utilize towards closing cost? What are the pros and cons

by opting home price reduction while selling home later point or property assement for tax by county?
Loan Doctor
Posted 8/24/2008 11:14 AM (#1833 - in reply to #1825)
Subject: RE: Impact of home price reduction vs closing cost?
My suggestion is to use the $ from the Realtor towards closing costs.
1) When you sell, your base cost will be higher, thus less income/profit from the sale
2) Your tax rate will be set how it relates to the appraised value, so the purchase price will not be a major factor. It will be a minor factor as the sales price is what is used to set everyone's values. Your sale will not be a major factor in what the appraisal district sets as the value

Charles
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0 © PD9 Software

Mortgage professionals are welcome to participate!
Home  |  For Lenders  |  Contact Us  |  Disclaimer
Mortgage-X is an independent information service and is not affiliated with any lending institution.
Copyright 1998-2009 Mortgage-X.com
All Rights Reserved

(Delete all cookies set by this site)