Browse Our Site:
Search Mortgage Library:
Types Of Mortgage Loans Mortgage Lender Directory  +  Mortgage Calculators  +  Mortgage (ARM) Indexes Mortgage Market Survey
+ Find The Best Mortgage + Ask A Mortgage Related Question  +  Articles And Publications  +  Mortgage Glossary + Search Mortgage Rates +
Credit Grade Guide Historical Mortgage Index Data  +  Historical Mortgage Rate Data  +  Home Interest Rate Trends

Mortgage-X Forum


Mortgage-X Forum
Mortgage-X Forum
Search Forums |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )


Help! Our buyer's mortgage loan fell through
Moderators: Mortgage-X

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Questions from Mortgage Professionals-> Questions about Mortgage LendingMessage format
 
francofille32
Posted 1/5/2009 10:27 AM (#1912)
Subject: Help! Our buyer's mortgage loan fell through
My husband and I are at wit's end now that our buyer's contract has fallen through; I am trying to find out why it is taking so long for her mortgage loan to be approved now that she's been "pre-approved" for a 2nd time.

Here's the scenario: we put our house up for sale last June and had a contract by August, with the buyer being pre-approved. She paid a higher-than-usual deposit in order to delay closing until November. Between August and November her FICO dropped a bit and this, coupled with the fact that she does not receive paystubs at her current job (although she definitely has an income) plus the recent restrictions the government seems to have imposed on mortgage lending, made her loan fall through. We have been waiting since early November for a new loan to be approved and wonder if we are just being given the runaround when we hear about "more paperwork required". Isn't the government interested in revitalizing the market?!

We thought we did everything right by waiting until we had a contract – and her pre-approval – to move on a new house of our own, but now we are stuck with paying two mortgages. Apparently “pre-approval” means nothing these days, and neither does a signed contract. Her second loan attempt passed the pre-approval stage over a month ago, and now underwriters are taking their sweet time to get any kind of formal approval in the works.

Anyone have insight as to what we can do now that we technically own 2 homes? We don't want to lose the buyer's interest during this tough market, but isn't there some recourse with our realtor, who probably knew it was a bad deal from the start?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0 © PD9 Software


Mortgage professionals are welcome to participate!
Home  |  For Lenders  |  Contact Us  |  Disclaimer
Mortgage-X is an independent information service and is not affiliated with any lending institution.
Copyright 1998-2009 Mortgage-X.com
All Rights Reserved


(Delete all cookies set by this site)