Browse Our Site:
Search Mortgage Library:
Types Of Mortgage Loans Mortgage Lender Directory  +  Mortgage Calculators  +  Mortgage (ARM) Indexes Mortgage Market Survey
+ Find The Best Mortgage + Ask A Mortgage Related Question  +  Articles And Publications  +  Mortgage Glossary + Search Mortgage Rates +
Credit Grade Guide Historical Mortgage Index Data  +  Historical Mortgage Rate Data  +  Home Interest Rate Trends

Mortgage-X Forum

Mortgage-X Forum
Mortgage-X Forum
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Candidate for possible Reduction of Principal?
Moderators: Mortgage-X

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   General Questions-> General QuestionsMessage format

GringoGig
Posted 3/2/2009 5:36 PM (#1939)
Subject: Candidate for possible Reduction of Principal?
- Purchased a 2 bedroom condo for $150,000 in South Florida in 2006 (lowest price we could find at the time)
- The value of the condo today is probably $80,000-$90,000
- I got a 30 yr fixed rate mortgage at 6.2% and put nothing down
- I have never missed a mortgage payment and sometimes pay more than the minimum – My credit is excellent
- As of today, the principal is down to $144,000
- I have no credit card debt. I have a small $2,500 loan against my TSP (Gov’s 401k), and I pay $300 for auto
- My gross income is approximately $70,000 a year
- The problem is, the $70,000 a year is based on two full time jobs - ($50,000 on one and $20,000 on the other)
- I am getting burned out and would like to see if I could work just the one, higher paying job
- If I drop one job, it would become extremely difficult to make the mortgage payments and maintenance fees
- Am I in any way a candidate for a modification that would reduce the principal of the loan?
- If so, can this be down via the President’s new plan, or is it absolutely necessary to pay an attorney?
- Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
beatrice
Posted 7/9/2009 8:33 AM (#1992 - in reply to #1939)
Subject: RE: Candidate for possible Reduction of Principal?
Hello!
The fact that you've been current on your mortgages makes you eligible for the scheme. I suggest you also check out refinancing options.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0 © PD9 Software

Mortgage professionals are welcome to participate!
Home  |  For Lenders  |  Contact Us  |  Disclaimer
Mortgage-X is an independent information service and is not affiliated with any lending institution.
Copyright 1998-2009 Mortgage-X.com
All Rights Reserved

(Delete all cookies set by this site)