Browse Our Site:
Search Mortgage Library:
Types Of Mortgage Loans Mortgage Lender Directory  +  Mortgage Calculators  +  Mortgage (ARM) Indexes Mortgage Market Survey
+ Find The Best Mortgage + Ask A Mortgage Related Question  +  Articles And Publications  +  Mortgage Glossary + Search Mortgage Rates +
Credit Grade Guide Historical Mortgage Index Data  +  Historical Mortgage Rate Data  +  Home Interest Rate Trends

Mortgage-X Forum

Mortgage-X Forum
Mortgage-X Forum
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Account in Dispute" messgae in credit report preventing loan processing?
Moderators: Mortgage-X

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Questions from Mortgage Professionals-> Questions about Mortgage LendingMessage format

Anonymous
Posted 3/3/2009 5:36 PM (#1940)
Subject: "Account in Dispute" messgae in credit report preventing loan processing?
I am buying my first condo. I was preapproved for the loan in early January by a large, nationally-known bank. A few days before my mortgage commitment was due, the bank called and said that they are unable to process my loan because my credit report states that "consumer disputes this account" for several of the accounts. The bank acknowleges that all of the accounts have a zero balance, are in good standing, and show no other derogatory information. However, according to the bank, Fannie Mae’s Desktop Underwriter cannot process the loan with the "in dispute" language in the credit report. I have spent hours on the phone with the creditors and the credit bureaus trying to resolve this issue. The creditors claim they are not responsible; the credit bureaus tell me I can intiate a dispute, which will only result in the "consumer disputes this account" info being entered on the credit report! Over the years, I have monitored my credit and disputed inaccuracies in the report. For example, I disputed an inaccurate late payment several months ago. The late payment error was corrected, however, the report still says "consumer disputes this account." The bank actually told me that I should not have disputed the inaccurate late payment information, that this is all my fault, and that because I "disputed" the inaccuracies, I will not be able to get a loan because Fannie/Freddie will not accept a report with an account reported as "consumer disputes." SERIOUSLY??? I am at a loss and need to know how to move forward and confirm whether the bank is giving me accurate information....this can't be right?!? Thanks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0 © PD9 Software

Mortgage professionals are welcome to participate!
Home  |  For Lenders  |  Contact Us  |  Disclaimer
Mortgage-X is an independent information service and is not affiliated with any lending institution.
Copyright 1998-2009 Mortgage-X.com
All Rights Reserved

(Delete all cookies set by this site)