Browse Our Site:
Search Mortgage Library:
Types Of Mortgage Loans Mortgage Lender Directory  +  Mortgage Calculators  +  Mortgage (ARM) Indexes Mortgage Market Survey
+ Find The Best Mortgage + Ask A Mortgage Related Question  +  Articles And Publications  +  Mortgage Glossary + Search Mortgage Rates +
Credit Grade Guide Historical Mortgage Index Data  +  Historical Mortgage Rate Data  +  Home Interest Rate Trends

Mortgage-X Forum

Mortgage-X Forum
Mortgage-X Forum
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need Equity Out Of My Condo That I own Outright But I Have Poor Credit.
Moderators: Mortgage-X

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   General Questions-> General QuestionsMessage format

jakeson
Posted 3/27/2009 8:35 PM (#1944)
Subject: Need Equity Out Of My Condo That I own Outright But I Have Poor Credit.
I own my condo outright and do not have a mortgage on it. I have not been able to work for the past 14 mos and just had back surgery in Jan. During that time my credit has probably fallen into the 500s. I am now returning to a job. My question is. I would like to get a loan or a line of credit but with no income til next week and a low credit score I dont think I can qualify for a loan. Is there a lender or a private investor that would qualify me for a loan. I would like to borrow about 15k to get current on my bills and payoff medical bills. I have 100k in equity but cannot get to it. Can anyone offer me any info or help?
dcdubbs
Posted 5/31/2009 4:02 PM (#1961 - in reply to #1944)
Subject: RE: Need Equity Out Of My Condo That I own Outright But I Have Poor Credit.
wih a 500 FICO and spotty work history you are going to have a hard time finding a lender- not to say it can't happen just unlikely.
The one thing you do have on your side is a super low Loan to Value ratio.
If you have been paying your mortgage on time- you may want to check with your current bank- since you would have a good track record with them.

Here are some tricks to improve your credit score in the meantime-
http://www.bankapedia.com/mortgage-encyclopedia/faqs/518-how-can-i-raise-my-credit-score
sharon
Posted 7/9/2009 7:34 AM (#1988 - in reply to #1944)
Subject: RE: Need Equity Out Of My Condo That I own Outright But I Have Poor Credit.
Hey thr r an array of lenders who provide secured loans 4 people with bad credit who have a property. here the interest rates r low since the asset assures the lender...however thr is a limit to the amount of money u can borrow which is dictated by the amount of equity available on ur property.One of the other advantage is that u can consolidate all ur other loans in2 one,so that u can have only 1 monthly installment 2 pay... thus in the process reparing ur credit card... :)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0 © PD9 Software

Mortgage professionals are welcome to participate!
Home  |  For Lenders  |  Contact Us  |  Disclaimer
Mortgage-X is an independent information service and is not affiliated with any lending institution.
Copyright 1998-2009 Mortgage-X.com
All Rights Reserved

(Delete all cookies set by this site)