Government Foreclosures And Repossessed Properties For Sale
Library: Home Buying and Relocation: Government Foreclosures and Repossessed Properties For Sale
|Foreclosed and repossessed homes for sale:
- HUD Homes The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) sells homes acquired as a result of a foreclosure on a FHA-insured mortgage. HUD Homes, because they're sold in "as-is" condition, can often be a great, affordable opportunity for the fixer-upper. Learn how to buy
and finance a HUD home.
- VA-acquired Properties The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) acquires over 20,000 homes a year nationwide due to defaults on VA guaranteed loans. Here is information on how VA sells these properties and where to find property listings.
- FDIC-owned Properties The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) sells a wide variety of real estate, including properties in the affordable housing program. A searchable database of FDIC properties, a schedule of auctions, and historical sales information.
- GSA Properties The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) sells real property seized, confiscated, foreclosed, or no longer needed by the Federal Government. Useful information on how to buy GSA properties, a list of GSA properties available for sale in your area.
- IRS Properties Search for homes owned by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Cal-Vet Repossessed Homes A list of properties that are owned by the Department and are currently for sale. These properties are available for purchase by anyone qualifing (you do not have to be a veteran).
- Properties For Sale From Freddie Mac Freddie Mac buys mortgages from approved lenders and is one of the biggest buyers of home mortgages in the United States. Freddie Mac owns properties through foreclosures ans sells them to consumers through approved brokers.
Mortgage Lender Directory + Find The Best Mortgage + Search Mortgage Rates